The Xiaomi M365 Electric Scooter and the M365 Pro Versions both come with the option of connecting it with an app on your smartphone to give you access to a number of cool options and features that aren’t available with many other scooters. In this blog we are taking a look at how to use the app and what it does.
So you have bought one of the Xiaomi M365 electric scooter range and now you want to get the best of its features.
First you will need to go to either the Google Play app store or the Apple App Store and download the Xiaomi Home App to your phone. They can be found by using the following links:
Then you will need to create an account using email or phone number, verify the account using the link Xiaomi send.
Then you should be able to login to the app using the details you have just set up and take the following steps:
- Add the device, search for the electric scooter image and choose either the standard or Pro version.
- You can rename your scooter to be personalised if wanted.
- Add the device (scooter). You may want to keep touching the acceleration trigger to keep the M365 on whilst it is trying to connect, as the electric scooter may turn itself off when inactive for a while which then stops the pairing process.
- Then click ‘Let’s get started’ button. Note - It may want to upgrade the firmware at this stage.
- You should then be in the app and be able to click on the picture of the scooter to get to your device.
Once you’re in you will have access to a number of options that can help you optimise your Xiaomi M365 to your specific taste.
The main dashboard screen will look like the following screenshot. It will have; the speed, current battery level, average speed and current riding mileage.
If you want to access the other functionality, click on the three dots at the top right of your screen. You will then be faced with a screen that looks like this.
In this screen you will be able to access a huge number of cool settings, from controlling the tail light settings and setting the KERS (Kinetic energy recovery system) which allows you choose how much energy to use to recharge the battery a little when free rolling.
You can even change the display settings from imperial to metric if you would rather see your information in kilometres rather than miles.
One of the most useful features we found was in the Speed and Mileage option. This is where you can see the remaining mileage. It will give you a good idea of how long you have before you need to recharge your electric scooter battery.
Have a play and explore the app to see what functionality you want to change.
If you are having an issue with your Xiaomi M365 electric scooter app then you can always get in touch and we will do our very best help talk you through it.